The top five ways to green your New Year from the NZ Herald:
1. Set up a composting system or worm farm at home. The Environment Ministry, says nearly half the contents of rubbish bags taken to rubbish dumps could be composted.
2. Just say no … to plastic bags at the supermarket check-out. Do you really need more plastic bags cluttering your home?
3. Recycle. Find out what recycling services and facilities are available in your area. When you’re in a public place with no recycling take recyclable bottles and containers home to your own bin.
4. Insulate your hot water cylinder. Water heating is the single biggest energy consumer in the average home. Cut your power bill and reduce the energy your household uses by investing in a wrap for your hot water cylinder.
5. Go car-free one day each week. 1.2 million of us drive to work every day. Think what would happen if we all left our cars at home one day a week and walked, rode a bike, or used public transport instead.
They missed out mentioning Jayride by name; but if you need any help with point 5, Jayride’s your first place to look.
Have a great New Years from Jayride!